Looking for something exciting, challenging, and helpful to take you all the way to December 25th? Look no further.
We’ve assembled our TOP 10 Essential App List for Christmas this year. Try these out and we promise you won’t utter a single “Bah Humbug” all season!
HERE WE GO!
10. APPROACH: You’ll never make it to the manger if you’re not willing to move. Spend some time in prayer remembering what Christmas is all about, and then get in gear. Even as you approach Jesus, Jesus is approaching you.
9. APPREHENSIVE: This is not a relaxing weekend in Branson. It’s a life-changing adventure filled with risks, unknowns, and even a little uncertainty. Hearing the Christmas story should shake you up a little. It’s a good thing to be a little apprehensive.
8. APPETITE: Cookies and Presents can bring great joy. They can also bring gluttony and greed! Be intentional about what you should be craving. Love, Peace, Hope, and Joy are present in abundance. Here’s to having a healthy appetite.
7 APPRECIATE. The sky on Christmas Eve always inspires me, if I remember to look up. Being with my relatives is fun, if I have the right attitude. The Miracle of Jesus gives me chills, if I truly listen to the stories. There’s so much going on that you might miss the whole point of Christmas, unless you focus your heart to appreciate the heart of it.
6. APPRENTICE: We celebrate two Christmases each year, the cultural one and the Christian one. Both can be fun and exciting, but it is the Christian experience of Jesus’ birth that can nourish us our whole lives long. There are young people (and some older ones too) who may only learn this version of the story if you apprentice them.
5. APPROXIMATELY. Don’t worship a well-wrapped present or a beautifully set table, when the sole source of perfection is cooing from the manger. As for everything else? Approximately good is good enough.
4. APPLAUD. Children’s programs at church. Concerts around town. Carolers at your front door. Joy is contagious, and the hard work of those who step up front to share their offering can ignite in us a passion we might otherwise have been missing. Find reasons to applaud this year, especially for the Greatest Story Ever Told.
3. APPROVE. What if you gave Christmas five stars on Yelp and shared an amazing review with everyone you know? Christmas doesn’t require your approval, but the Good News spreads all the faster when you make your two-thumbs-up shown.
2. APPEAR. The incarnation, Emmanuel, God with us, is more amazing than a magic trick. Don’t look away, and don’t minimize the Word of the Father, now in flesh appearing.
1. APPLY. What are some of the most important life lessons you’ve learned from Christmas? The joy of giving. Peace on Earth, good will to all. Go, tell it on the mountain, over the hills and everywhere! Christmas is supposed to change us, to inspire us all year round. How will you apply what you’ve learned?
There you have it! Our Top 10 APPS for Christmas. Keep in mind — just because they’re free, doesn’t mean they’re not high quality. Best of all, I’m allowed to offer them right here!
Who needs an actual APP store?
Well, Apple might be appalled to see this page approvingly appreciated.
Have a Great Week,
You must be logged in to post a comment.